Register For This Event
Buenos Aires, Argentina – Hilton Puerto Madero
Av Macacha Guemes 351, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, C1106BK
For years, Argentina has been one of the hemisphere’s key energy markets and a leader in regional integration efforts and natural gas development. More recently, however, Argentina has struggled with balancing economic and energy demands.
But today, with the world’s second largest shale gas reserves and fourth largest shale oil, the country has reignited interest in its energy sector and market fundamentals. An overhaul last November of the country’s hydrocarbons legal framework, thriving partnerships with international firms, and unconventional production of roughly 40,000 BOE/day have served to deepen interest in the country’s energy potential.
This half-day executive roundtable will assess the unconventional resource potential in Argentina, as well as the current global energy context and realities, and what they signify for Argentina’s energy outlook. Panel discussions will focus on the future for shale in Argentina, in particular opportunities in the Vaca Muerta region, as well as the electric sector, and the role of energy as Argentina heads into general elections in October.
- Ricardo Aguirre, Manager, Commercial and Business Planning, Chevron Argentina
- Ana Paula Ares, Founding Partner, Quo Advisors
- Nicolás Gadano, Chief Economic Development Researcher, CIPPEC
- Juan Garoby, Executive Manager, Drilling and Workover, YPF S.A.
- Fernando Giliberti, Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, YPF S.A.
- Ricardo Iglesias, Vice President, Markets & Sales, GDF Suez Energy Latin America
- Hamilton Moss, Vice President for Energy, CAF – Development Bank of Latin America
- Rodolfo Santangelo, Director, M&S Consultores
- Gustavo Schettini, CEO, Energy Consulting Services
Back to Upcoming Events