Register For This Event
Dec 7 2013 until Dec 14 2013/ 12:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Havana, Cuba, Havana
Save To iCal
From December 7th to December 14th, 2013, the Institute will convene a delegation to explore policy in Havana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad. The trip is a week of immersion in Cuban government, business, art, and culture as legally licensed educational travelers.
Few in our generation have been inside Cuba, and even fewer have had the inside access now being offered to you by the Institute. The Institute is offering an insider’s perspective to life in Cuba and the Cuba-US relationship. Participants will meet with high-ranking government officials, hear from entrepreneurs in the Cuban private sector, learn from professional Cuban artists and musicians and convene with diplomats and economists.
Don’t miss this opportunity to study Cuban policy through the lens of the people and places that make it unique.
Visits will be conducted in English or will have interpretation available.
Participant fees include:
- Accommodations in 4- or 5-star hotels
- Ground transportation
- All meals and cocktails included in the agenda
- Admissions to all items on the agenda, including museums, tours, galleries and performances
- Full-time escort by English-speaking organizers
- Local guides
- Requisite Cuban insurance
- Cuban visa
- Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department regulations
Airfare to Miami is not included, nor is the Cuban departure tax (25CUC).