Register For This Event
September 14, 2016
Belmond Miraflores Park
Av. Malecón de la Reserva, 1035 , Miraflores, Lima
Save To iCal
This executive roundtable will contemplate the energy vision of the new administration in Peru, the outlook for natural gas and electricity, renewable energy, transportation fuels, as well as an assessment of Peru and regional energy integration. Panel discussions will focus on the new government’s vision for managing the energy sector, social inclusion and stakeholder engagement, renewable energy and sustainability, how to boost development of E&P and natural gas infrastructure, particularly the Southern Gas Pipeline, as well as Peru’s role for driving regional energy integration.
On July 28, Pedro Pablo Kuczynski took office as President of Peru. His administration inherited a system with robust electric supply. According to projections from the Interconnected System Operator, or COES, there will be sufficient generating capacity to meet demand through 2025. Most agree that Peru’s generation base should continue to be provided by hydroelectric plants supplemented by natural gas and non-conventional renewable energy sources.
Natural gas has been at the center of energy policymaking and the vision for Peru’s energy sector for several years. The outgoing administration made the “massification” or mass use of natural gas as the core of its energy policy. The Southern Natural Gas Pipeline project was developed in order to expand the country’s natural gas transmission and transport natural gas from the Camisea fields to southern Peru. Moreover, as part of the broader strategy the new government must assess the current climate for upstream and natural gas E&P in Peru.
Regional integration is an issue that will demand the new government to craft an immediate and definitive position in terms of its policies and objectives. Specifically, what role will Peru play? Does Peru seek to be primarily an exporter of energy or is the aim lower prices?
When it comes to oil, the incoming administration will face a situation and the same structural problem as all of its predecessors: Peru does not produce enough oil to meet its internal demand and consumption. Beyond substituting oil with natural gas, there is an interesting case for the next government to consider skipping a step in the evolution of transportation fuels and evaluate a policy plan for electric vehicles in Peru.
- Gonzalo Tamayo, Minister of Energy and Mines of Peru (Video Remarks)
- Maximo Pacheco, Minister of Energy of Chile (Video Remarks)
- Roberto Bayetti, Director, SAMMQ, California Independent System Operator (CAISO)
- Barbara Bruce, Hydrocarbons and Energy Consultant & former President of Hunt Oil Perú
- Cesar Butrón, Chairman, COES SINAC
- Mile Cacic, CEO, Luz del Sur
- Daniel Cámac, Commercial Vicepresident, ENGIE Energía Perú
- Carlos Mario Caro, General Manager, Interconexión Eléctrica ISA Perú S.A.
- Carmen Castellanos, Board Member, Sociedad Peruana de Hidrocarburos (SPH)
- Faith Corneille, Senior Regional Energy Advisor, Bureau of Energy Resources (ENR), U.S. Department of State
- Vanessa Cueto, President and Program Coordinator Socio-Environmental Management and Investment, DAR
- Adolfo Heeren, General Manager, Transportadora de Gas del Perú
- Claudio Higa, Acting Director in Peru, CAF – Development Bank of Latin America
- Josseline Jensen, Director, FitchRatings
- Anthony Laub Benavides, Partner, Laub & Quijandría Consultores y Abogados
- Jaime R. Mendoza Gacon, Manager, Generation and Transmission, OSINERGMIN
- Enrique Ortiz, Director, Andes Amazon Fund
- Jaime Parada, General Manager, Deuman
- Raúl Pérez-Reyes, Vice Minister for Energy, Ministry of Energy and Mines of Peru
- Alvaro Ríos Roca, Partner/Director, Gas Energy Latin America
- Enrique Rodríguez-Flores, Senior Energy Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Daniel Salazar, Director, CDEC SING Chile
- Jesús Tamayo Pacheco, Chairman, Osinergmin
- Ines Vázquez, Principal Associate, Estudio Echecopar
- Rodolfo Zamalloa López, Director, Energy and Intelligent Systems, Continuas Energías Positivas
- Rafael Zoeger, Chairman, PERUPETRO SA
- Alfredo Zuñiga, Manager, Community Relations, Pluspetrol
GENERAL SPONSORBack to Upcoming Events