Register For This Event
Mar 31 2014 until Apr 3 2014/ 12:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Institute of the Americas
10111 N. Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla, CA, 92037
Save To iCal
Learn how to inspire entrepreneurs, support start-ups, understand what investors are looking for now, foster a collaborative culture, partner with innovation intermediaries, spur innovation through research institutions and the private sector working together, attract and keep talent, and address cultural barriers to entrepreneurism in order to drive economic development.
This intensive four-day workshop, with simultaneous interpretation, is primarily targeted to entrepreneurs and start-up companies, as well as innovation intermediaries, investors, research center directors, and government officials.
• Taking the lab discovery to the marketplace
• The link between risk and venture capital and innovation
• Investor perspectives on fostering innovation
• San Diego’s Springboard program
• Cultural challenges for entrepreneurs
• Examples of successful partnerships between U.S. and Latin American innovators
• The role of the research university and basic research
• Attracting and keeping top talent
• The role of innovation intermediaries, incubators, and industry associations
• Tutorials on how to structure a start-up and making the perfect pitch to investors
Participants will meet with Tijuana entrepreneurs and visit incubators in the Cali-Baja Mega Innovation Region.
Start up entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch potential investors on the final day of the workshop.
Back to Upcoming Events