Register For This Event
Institute of the Americas, Hojel Auditorium & Malamud Room in the Weaver Center
10111 N. Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA, 92037
Please RSVP by emailing Arturo Chiquito
As the political crisis escalates in Venezuela, international actors have recognized Juan Guaido as the Interim President of Venezuela, while others have vowed their support for Nicolas Maduro, successor of Hugo Chavez, who assumed the presidency in 2013.
Please join the Center for U.S. – Mexican Studies, School of Global Policy and Strategy, Latin American Studies Program, the Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies, and The Institute of the Americas in a discussion of what is at stake for China, Russia, US and Latin America in the Venezuela crisis. The panel discussion, Venezuela in Crisis: The International Conundrum, will take place this Wednesday, February 13, at 5 PM at the Malamud Room.
- Rafael Fernández de Castro, Director Center for U.S.- Mexican Studies, (USMEX), UC San Diego
- Richard Feinberg, Professor, School of Global Policy and Strategy, UC San Diego
- Anita Kellogg, Lecturer, Department of Political Science, UCLA
- David Mares, Director Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies (CILAS), UC San Diego
- Jeremy Martin, Vice President, Energy & Sustainability at the Institute of the Americas
- Barry Naughton, Professor, School of Global Policy and Strategy, UC San Diego
- Philip G. Roeder, Professor, Department of Political Science, UC San Diego