Institute of the Americas (IOA)
For over 35 years, the IOA, a non-profit organization, has been delivering targeted, hands-on programs across the Americas. It convenes and links public and private sectors leaders, thought leaders, teachers, students and journalists through its programs and activities which include conferences, executive roundtables, professional training workshops, student camps, seminars, podcasts and webinars. The IOA is headquartered in La Jolla on the University of California, San Diego campus. The majority of the IOA’s programming is held in Latin America.
IOA Life Internship
The IOA is looking for someone to be its IOA Life Intern supporting the Life Science & Biotech Program Director. This is a part-time position (minimum of 10 hours a week) with flexible hours (offering university credit). Intern may be asked to participate in morning and evening meetings and events as appropriate.
The Intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Research potential donors and sponsors including foundations, companies and individuals
- Research potential program partners
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications
- Draft communication materials for donor cultivation and solicitation
- Assist in the planning and implementation of marketing strategies
- Provide logistical support for program events
- Assist with administrative tasks
Internship applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional oral and written English language skills
- Internet research skills and experience with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills
- Self-starter who can manage multiple competing tasks
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus, but not required
Please attach your resume below and send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter, School transcript, a reference letter, and a 500-1,000 word essay about why you are interested in interning for the IOA Life Science & Biotech Program.