About the IOA Life Summer Internship
You will be participating in international cross-functional assignments, action-base activities, whether in administrative processes, products, force field analysis, business strategies, channel strategies, geographic reach, brand identity, customer service, field analysis and strategic thinking focusing on the future rather than on past successes.
Position: Intern, Strategic Engagement
The Institute of the Americas (IOA) is an independent, nonpartisan organization dedicated to strengthening inter American relations and promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth by engaging NGO’s, government officials, and academia across the Americas.
- Perform research on prospective donors or sponsors, including foundations, corporate sponsors, as well as grant opportunities.
- Support the grant application process.
- Draft communication materials, appeal /cultivation emails.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of marketing campaigns including renewal, cultivation and acquisition campaigns.
- Provide logistical support and assistance with outreach for strategic engagement events and partnerships with other organizations.
- Assist with additional administrative tasks.
- (July 01 -September 01), minimum of 20 hours per week
- Students must be able to receive university credit for this internship.
- Flexibility to attend select morning or evening events and programs.
- Currently enrolled in the third year, or firs tyear of graduate program.
- Exceptional writer and communicator in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Internet research skills and familiarity with MS Office programs, such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Takes initiative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously and easily switch between varying projects with competence and a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus.
Application submission: Please attach your resume, email a cover letter, transcripts, 2 recommendation letters, and an essay on why you’re interested in interning for the IOA Life Sciences and Biotech program to Marta Pizani.